Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I {love} Taylor Swift




I was able to go to the Taylor Swift concert in Salt Lake the first week of June last minute with my sisters, Angie & Chrissy, my sister in law, Lisa, my brother and his girlfriend, Robby & Jessie! It was seriously so much fun! We met up to eat dinner together, then walked over to the concert. Even though I was the oldest of the group, I still felt like I was 22 {get it? One of my favorite songs}. We were all singing, dancing and screaming! Taylor Swift is by far my favorite singer ever! I love how I can relate to so many of her songs...for instance, when she sang Mean, I could totally relate! I have been dealing with 2 ladies in my neighborhood that have been super "mean" and the song that Taylor sings is all about how you are going to deal with how people treat you. "Why do you have to be so mean?" is a theme throughout the song, but the main message is that you need to stick up for yourself and not let those mean people effect you. I regret to say that I went through 1 day after these ladies treated me so poorly and just felt sorry for myself and felt super down, but then after that 1 day, I decided to not let them effect me and to move on. Since then, I have tried to maintain a positive attitude and treat them as kindly as I can. I think I will always remember the hurtful things they said to me, but I have forgiven them and I have moved on from them. I have no regrets in the way I have dealt with this and in the end, I feel sorry for them that they have to resort to being so "mean" to others to make them feel better about themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment