Monday, February 4, 2013

Our new Dining Room

 Well, it all started with this red wall...I hate it!!! We had red in our Herriman house and in our South Weber house so after seeing red for years now, I was so sick of it!!!
 It only took 2 coats of white paint to cover up the white!!!
 But it took 2 gallons of white paint to cover this rug!!! As crazy as it sounds, I love painting rugs!!! I
 didn't want to buy a new rug, so I turned my red rug upside down and painted the backside of it!!

 Once the rug was covered, I taped it off to make a chevron design.

Regan was so awesome to be on board with this project. He totally stepped up and got his tools out and helped me a ton! He put up board and batten on the white wall and it looks sooo good! He is so funny because he is actually pretty handy but he doesn't like to do big projects like this.
 Well, here is the new dining room...it seriously took us a day to put it all together and I am so happy with the end result!!! It's crazy that the room actually looks bigger and it is so light! Regan and I went out on a date night once we finished our project and I was so proud of us!!!
Here is the painted chevron rug as it was drying! The rug above it is a houndstooth rug that I also painted!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Reagan sounds a lot like Graham when it comes to projects I come up with around the house. It is so nice to have them done and it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete