Tuesday, April 30, 2013

School Stuff


 Sunny did an amazing job reading her favorite book for her first grade book share! This book, It's the best day ever, Dad is crazy to me! It is all about a dad and his 2 daughters and the fun day that they have while letting the mom relax at home. The dad looks just like a cartoon version of Regan, and the 2 girls look just like cartoon versions of Sunny and Elle, and they have a dog. Regan came into the classroom as she was reading it, and Sunny's teacher pointed out to the class that Regan looks just like the dad in the book and all of the first graders were amazed! Sunny is turning into a great reader and I couldn't be happier!

 Riley is hilarious to watch when he is singing! He just can't help but move to the music. This is exactly what he did during his 3rd grade program; I could always tell where he was by the kid who was dancing during all of the musical numbers. He has so much energy and zest for life-just like his dad. He is doing amazing in school and I am so proud of him!
So this looks just like a cereal box covered in paper right? Nope-this box resembles hours of work even though you would never know it! Riley read the Candy Shop War Book 2 for his book report-it is 450 pages!!! This kid is simply amazing!!! For the book report, we had to put a cereal box together telling what the book is about. Each side has something that a cereal box would have: the ingredients {author, characters, setting}, games to play {word search and collector cards}, a synopsis of the book on the other side, and the front needed to look appealing enough to want to read {hence, Riley's drawing of a piece of candy}. Doing this project actually made me think back to my childhood and made me so grateful that I had parents willing and wanting to help me with all of my school projects. They were always there to help me in whatever I needed help in, and I want to be like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment