Tuesday, June 25, 2013

ISSI {Intermountain Suzuki String Institute}



 This was Elle's first year of full time violin camp. She had 5 classes and played her violin for 4 hours a day! She did a great job and loved all of her classes.
 Riley loves, loves, loves violin camp! This year I was so busy getting the girls to their classes that I let Riley have some independence. He got himself to most of his classes on his own and liked the fact that he didn't have to have his mom with him all of the time. He loved his orchestra class, he had a funny teacher from Belgium and he loved his master class teacher, Silvia Khoo from Singapore. What's crazy is that I had Silvia Khoo as my master class teacher at violin camp when I was 12 years old!!!
 Sunny loved every single class she had! Her master class teacher was so nice-she is from Connecticut. I think it is so funny that the kids get so excited to eat school lunch at Juan Diego High School. Sunny finds friends every year at violin camp and she heard a lot of things she needed to fix at violin camp!
This was the 35th year of intermountain suzuki string institute so Michael McClean composed a piece called ISSI gettin down for all of the strings in attendance. I got the chills when I heard it for the first time! 700 kids playing this song! It was amazing!

 Riley played the Vivaldi Violin Concerto 3rd movement with his class!
                                        Sunny played Witches Dance with her group!

                                     and Cute little Elle played Song of the Wind with her group!
 I was extremely lucky and blessed to have Emery go to half day daycare at violin camp and to have my mom help me get all of the kids to their classes! There is NO WAY I could have done it on my own!!!
 This was the first day of violin camp and I went to go take a picture of the girls while they were playing all of the Suzuki pieces on stage. Elle posing was all her!
 I am so proud of my 3 violinists! They practice every day and don't complain {that much!}
It was fun to have Angie and Chrissy at violin camp. They were doing their violin teacher training! I think it is so funny because every year, the first 2 days of violin camp are so exciting and fun, and then midweek, I always hit a wall of exhaustion! By Saturday, I felt delirious and felt like my brain wasn't working right. But somehow I forget how tiring it can be, and sign my kids up again for another round of violin camp!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment