Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Drive...

 We started our drive in South Weber at a hotel off of highway 89 since all of our stuff was out of our house. This is a picture of Regan sitting the kids down in the hotel and telling them that the next few days driving 1800 miles was going to be hard and then had them all pledge that they would all be good in the car.
 We started our 1800 mile journey early on a Thursday morning...it was fitting that we left from South Weber through the beautiful mountains.
 We made our first stop in Lyman, Wyoming to see Regan's relatives at the cemetery. It was good to let Sweetie run around chasing a rabbit in the cemetery. To tell you the truth, I was the most worried about Sweetie in the car, but she proved me wrong!!! She sat on a pillow by Riley and did amazing! No accidents, No barking!!
 Our first day of driving, we drove for 15 hours! It was brutal for Regan and I...not the kids! The kids watched movie after movie. Regan and I were able to talk a lot which was great since he had been in Ohio for almost 3 weeks! We got talking that we didn't even notice our gas light go on...We made it to a gas station in the middle of nowhere with 1 mile of gas to spare! Lets just say some major positive vibes were going on! {for the record, I was totally freaking out and I have never run out of gas myself!}
 Emery fell asleep a bunch on the trip! Somehow he actually made it look comfortable!
 Elle always gets so scared on this certain part of diary of a wimpy kid so instead of watching it, she closes her eyes AND covers her ears! I am so glad I got this on my camera because it was hilarious!
Once we made it to Illinois, there was no denying that it was HUMID so there is only 1 thing to do...embrace the curls! No more straight, smooth hair!!!

 Riley was always the one responsible for walking Sweetie whenever we stopped so she could go to the bathroom. This was an awesome row of trees in Nebraska.
 Every time we stopped to eat, Regan and I would yelp where was good to eat. I was able to find this place in Nebraska called Big Mommas {fried chicken and southern comfort food}. It was in this old school cafeteria and we were the only white people there and it was the best find ever! We even got to meet big momma herself and complement her on her cookin...She made balloon animals for the kids. Sunny even told her a line from our Summers favorite Disney movie, Teen Beach Movie..."If you can catch it, Big Momma can COOK it" emphasis on the COOK!

 Next stop was Nauvoo, Illinois. We stopped to see the Nauvoo Temple and visitors center. We went to the kid places like the bakery to get a molasses cookie, the metal shop to get a nail ring and the masonry to get a brick.

 This is my very favorite picture from the whole trip! I caught it just in time to see Sweetie snuggling up to our Sleepy Emery! They are such good buddies and this is proof. I was so proud of the kids for minimal fighting and being so good in the car, and I was especially proud of Sweetie for being the worlds best job being in the car for 4 days and going 1800 miles with us!!!
We finally made it to Ohio after 4 days of traveling!!!
South Weber-Nebraska
Nebraska-Illinois
Illinois-Indianapolis
Indianapolis-Ohio
We have been in Ohio for a week and a half and besides trying to get used to the humidity, it has been amazing. I have the whole entire house unpacked, everything is put away and organized, and pictures are hung on the walls. I worked so hard for a week putting everything away and now it totally paid off. I just wanted a normal, organized life so much, and now I have that! We love Ohio, love our friendly neighbors, love our church, love our school, the kids have met so many friends, and they LOVE the playset and tramp in the backyard! Everything has worked out very well in our relocation and I feel SO blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment