Sunday, June 10, 2012

High school friend reunion

A lot has happened in my life since high school.I have changed so much, I'm not the same person I was back then. I am more independent, more confident, more athletic, can do harder things, not into popularity or whats cool, more into spirituality and bettering myself, more into including everyone and not being clicky, overall, just a different person. I didn't have a desire to go to my 10 year reunion because of this I guess. I keep in contact with a few friends from high school.We get together every couple of years to see what is going on with each other. I am really close with Manon...we were roommates at ricks college and I just have a special bond with her.

Last week, we all got together at wheeler farm to reconnect. It is cool to see how everyone's lives have changed and what is new with their families. Julie was here in Utah after living in ohio for a while. She has 4 kids and somehow hadn't aged since high school. She is so smart and friendly...just like she was in high school. Manon is just fun to be around, fun to talk to, friendly and you always have a great time when you are with her...just like high school and college.

I might go to the next high school reunion, but with a lot more confidence then when I really was in high school. I can do things now that I never thought I could do back then, and I like that about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment