Monday, July 23, 2012

coconuts





sunny has been begging me to buy a coconut for a year now whenever she goes grocery shopping with me, so I finally put a stop to the requests and did it! I thought it would be a fun science experiment for the kids to do, so we first shook the coconut to hear the juice, guessed what it would taste like, waited for dad to get home to drill 3 holes in it, took 3 straws and everyone sipped the clear juice {not good}, then, broke the coconut in half and ate the white part inside {better than the juice}. Sunny finally can say that she knows what a coconut tastes like, feels like, and now she will never want one again!!!

{side note...if you are wondering why sunny's face looks like a zombie bit her, the reason is because she fell off of a scooter and hit the pavement pretty hard!!! When I put ointment on it, the white infection stuff would ooze to the surface and it looked gross!!!! It is healing so much better now, thank goodness! I wouldn't want anyone to think that my daughter is turning into a zombie, right?}

No comments:

Post a Comment