Saturday, August 4, 2012

South Weber 5 & 10 k



I registered Riley and I a while ago to run the south weber 5k so that he could do something that was hard for him. In January, we decided that our family motto was going to be "Fackrell's DO hard things". I feel like today, we did a hard thing because running has never been enjoyable or natural for Riley and I,but he ran the whole entire race without stopping!!! I held his hand a lot of the race to push him a little faster, but the truth is, I was soooo happy that he finished. We have been training, and he has kept a 13 minute mile for the past month. Today, he held an 11 minute mile for 3 miles and so he totally improved!

Regan's hard thing was 3 fold today. The first is that he decided to run the south weber 10k while pushing a very heavy stroller with 3 kids in it!!! Running 6 miles with a heavy stroller and lots of hills does not sound fun to me, but Regan actually did very well! The kids had a fun time as well!!! The second hard thing he did was he was over the whole entire parade for south weber today!!! He had to get permits, contact udot for closing the roads, contacted police about barricades, organized 60 entries, and pulled off a very smooth parade for everyone to enjoy!!!

The 3rd hard thing he did today will be in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment