Sunday, April 2, 2017

SPRING BREAK 2017!

 I STILL cannot believe we did this, but when we found out that Rosanna Pasanno from Nerdy Nummies was coming to Chicago the same weekend we would be there for Spring Break, the girls wanted to meet her SOO bad. SO, I drove 4 of the kids to Chicago 2 days early and when we got to the Wilton Store where she would be, I knew we were in it for the long haul! If I would have known that we would have to wait for 6 hours as I was parking the car, I would have come up with another cool plan, but I was prepared and brought TONS of snacks, toys and books for the kids. We were waiting outside seriously for 6 hours!!! It actually would have been kind of fun if it weren't for trying so hard to entertain Emery and Winnie. Fortunately, the girls had shown Emery some episodes of Nerdy Nummies  before we left Wisconsin, and he LOVED them! That helped with convincing him that this was going to be worth it!
 The kids went over every recipe of Ro's cookbook and talked about which one they wanted to bake the most! Ro is a kids youtube star and I actually like her videos. She comes up with cute recipes that the girls and I have baked a few times!

 By hour 4, I was seriously thinking I was mom of the year because NOBODY else in that crazy line had little kids! Patience and bringing tons of supplies was the only way I stayed sane!
 FINALLY, we got inside the Wilton store! The girls were freaking out when they saw Ro! Sunny even said, "I can't even breathe, I'm so excited!"
 Even Emery was excited! He was such a good sport about this whole thing!
 Ro was so great with my girls! She hugged them, talked to them about where they were from, signed their book and took lots of pics!


 These girls were in HEAVEN!

 Well, 6 hours was worth it after seeing how happy these girls were to meet someone they love! Once we were done with that CRAZY adventure, we drove to our hotel in Chicago, ordered room service and chilled! Holy Cow, what a crazy thing we had just done!
 Regan and Riley were actually in Chicago when we were, but they were with the church youth group doing baptisms at the Chicago Temple. They went home after that, then took the train into Chicago after church on Sunday. We were on our own for the day waiting for them to join us so we went sight seeing to Dylans Candy Bar.

 When Regan and Riley joined us, we got City Passes and did just about every tourist thing there is to do in Chicago for 2 days! We went to the Shed Aquarium Sky Deck, Science Museum, Art Institute, an awesome Park in the middle of Chicago, Ghiradeli Chocolate, Shake Shack, Jeni's Ice cream.
 The sky deck was pretty cool to see the whole entire city!
 Regan was SUPER scared of how high we were, but the kids loved it!



 Even Winnie loved it!
 Chicago reminded me of a mini New York City!
 Emery Loved this mirror maze and actually was able to get me out of it, otherwise I would have been lost!
The science museum was fun and interactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment