Friday, January 11, 2013

My Connecticut Trip


 In October, I told Regan that all I wanted for Christmas was to fly to Connecticut to see my sister, Ashley and her new baby. She had Carson Brad Bardsley on December 11th, so I was able to fly to see him when he was 3 weeks old. Regan was so great to have made this happen for me. He watched the kids and got my plane ticket and was so supportive.

 I told Ashley that when I came to visit, I just wanted to stay at her house and hold Baby Carson...well, she took me around her town. We went to the coolest Antique Store. They had the coolest stuff, but the thing that caught my eye was an antiqued stool. I bought it and brought it back with me. Emery has already sat in the time out stool quite a few times now!


 Ashley took me to this place called Chocolpology. We had the best hot chocolate I have ever had, cheese fondue with green apples and bread and a chocolate banana crepe. WOW-soooo good!!!



 Ashley is already such a great mom!! She already knows how to soothe little Carson, she is so cute with him and I loved watching her be a new mom! Brett is an amazing dad and is so great with Carson.
 This is my favorite picture of the whole trip. My shirt matched Ashley's nursing cover...it looks like Carson wants me to nurse him.
 We took a trip to New York City and we had so much fun! I loved seeing good exposure for the church all around the city like this bill board for mormon.org
 Ashley and I are probably the worst 2 people when it comes to directions so why did we ever think we could navigate around the city on our own? As we were trying to find the Met, we all of a sudden saw the Empire State Building!
 So cool to be right in the middle of time square, especially since the ball in times square just dropped 3 days before on New Years Eve!
Brett rescued us since we were walking in the total wrong direction, and took us right to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We had so much fun walking around looking at beautiful paintings.


 This painting by Monet is the same painting I was standing too close to at an exhibit in Las Vegas and the guard got mad at me and told me to stand further away.  Ashley and I just had to get a picture next to it!


 Ashley got me into Downton Abbey this past summer when she was here visiting, so it was perfect timing that the season 3 premiere started while I was at her house. We made a downton abbey fancy dinner, and while it was cooking, we went around Stamford looking at beautiful houses.
 This house was my very favorite...wrap around porch, love the yellow siding, the white trim. So cute!
 We loved watching Downton Abbey and I am so glad we could watch it together! Being with my cute sister and her cute family was so awesome!! I hate that she lives so far away, but that is even more reason to talk to her on the phone, face time and visit so we can continue our sisterly relationship. I love her so much and I am so happy to finally be an Aunt on my side of the family! Thanks Ashley and Brett for being such wonderful hosts. I had a wonderful time and loved holding Carson...Aunt didi already misses him.

On my flights home, I had a 6 hour layover in Houston, so I asked Regan's sister if she would come visit me at the airport...she brought our new sister in law with her and the 3 of us had so much fun talking on a wobbly bench for 3 hours. Seriously, how nice was that that they would come to the airport just to see me...the 3 hours went by so fast because I was having so much fun talking to these awesome ladies!!! Thanks Melanie and Caite!!!

Thanks Regan for making this trip possible! I had the time of my life!!!

1 comment:

  1. We LOVED having you here! Thanks for babysitting, cooking, chatting, etc. etc. It was a blast and a half for sure.

    ReplyDelete