Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ogden 1/2 Marathon

 I have 3 pictures of my Ogden 1/2 Marathon...none of them are actually at the race. The picture above is at my house before the race as I was waiting for my ride to pick me up! I was in great spirits...loved my shirt, had all of my gear, and was optimistic!


I ran the race in pouring, cold rain which I absolutely hate but for some reason, I was running with a smile on my face for the majority of the 13 miles! I had good vibes going on...good positive talking inside my brain was going on, good tunes were jamming, I had 2 random girls I was following since I had the same pace. Things were going my way. My only goal was to not stop running and that is exactly what I did.

My cousins wife, Ginger Hobson taped up both knees and my left ankle...the knees because of my families history of bad knees and my experience last year with hurting knees, my ankle because I had tendinitis. It was seriously a miracle that I had absolutely no pain anywhere she taped! She did a great job!

SOOO---I finished the race and saw the clock say 1:53 and I was THRILLED! Little did I know that it was really the marathon time and not the half marathon time. I found out the next day that I got 2:15 and that would be the worst time I have ever gotten! 

Anyway, when I finished the race, I was so excited to see my friends that I had started the race with. I searched and searched, but nobody was there!!! Turns out, they all were so cold in the rain that they all just left! There was miscommunication on who was going to take me home, so I was truly left by myself. I had no other choice than to freeze, shake and wait for Regan to finish the Marathon! My body was shaking uncontrollably, but there was nowhere I could go! Pouring, cold rain after running 13 miles is not fun at all just if you didn't know! 

Regan finished his race and found me shivering and crying...I think I am retiring from running! 


This is the post race picture...I got a post race massage because I was so tight and could seriously barely even walk! I think the reason for this was that I was so cold, and there was nowhere to stretch after the race because everything was so wet. Anyway, it was a good/bad massage. Good in that it loosened my muscles up, bad in that it wasn't a relaxing massage. I was able to walk the next day though!

No comments:

Post a Comment