Sunday, July 21, 2013

4th of July

 When Regan left for Ohio to start his new position as State Director, I needed to start a project--SO I painted my piano WHITE! I love love love it!

 We went to my parents cabin for 5 days and it was SOOO much fun! Silly String in the park was one of the many activities the kids did!


 naps with Aunt Chrissy
 Rafting in the Cold River!!
 I did an impromptu thing {which I never do!}and got my hair chopped off. My good friend Jen Child did a great job! I hate how indecisive I always am on hair-in the end though, its just hair!!! No big Deal!
 I always forget how cold the river water really is---FREEZING!

 I have decided that my very favorite thing to do as a family is ride our bikes. Right now with the ages our kids are, we have it down to a science. The little ones ride in the trailer and Sunny and Riley ride their own bikes. We park a car at the riverwoods, ride down the canyon trail and bring the bikes back up!!! Love my cruiser bike and the cute basket my sister gave me!
 My new favorite treat is snow cones---but not just any snow cone! The Houkilou is amazing! The ice is so thin that it just melts in your mouth and the flavors are amazing! I liked the 1/2 pina colada 1/2 mango with snow cap {sweet milk} on top!
 Grammy was so fun with the kids-she took them to the dollar store to get a bunch of fun things to do. She even colored with them! She's the best!

The highlight of the week was when Grampy took Riley fishing and just when they were going to call it quits, Riley caught a fish! It's like the fish felt how much determination Riley had and hooked on his hook! He was so happy and had so much fun with his Grampy! Even though we weren't able to spend the 4th with Regan, we had a ton of fun with the fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment