Friday, August 30, 2013

The Upstairs...


 The girls room is one of the only colors I kept...It was a little too pepto bismol pink for me, so I put light blue duvet spreads on their beds instead of their old pink ones. The girls absolutely LOVE their room which makes me so happy! They have a remote that controls the light and the fan in their room so they take turns every night turning off the lights and fan!
 The Master bedroom was already a light blue an I decided to keep that color as well since it was actually a calming color instead of another crazy color! It goes very well with our grey, white and yellow bedspread.The weird thing is that there isn't an actual light in the bedroom, so we have 3 lamps for light in there. The Master closet is a dream come true...organized shelves and drawers and a room all in itself. LOVE IT!
 I painted Riley and Emery's rooms in 1 day because they were both PURPLE! That is a total no go for a boys room! I painted it a neutral color and with time, we will put more BYU stuff in Riley's room. Every time I go to take a pic of Emery's room, he is sleeping! Riley's room has a desk so he can have a quiet place to do homework and a bigger bed so that when we have guests, they can sleep in his bed and Riley can sleep in the bunk bed in Emery's room.
Even though it is just the kids bathroom, I had to have it painted! It was NEON Green give you a headache! I think that was the name of the paint! It was bad!!! SO now it is good old neutral grey with some fun accent colors!


The house is actually called a 5 level split...I have never heard of that before, but now I love it!!!! The basement is unfinished for storage space, go up 6 stairs and it is the movie room and craft room. Go up 6 more stairs and it is the main level-dining room, music room, family room, kitchen, half bathroom and laundry room. Go up 8 more stairs and it is the master bedroom, master bathroom and closet. Go up 10 more stairs and it is the kids bedrooms and playroom and a hallway that is so awesome...looks down into the family room. I love that we have the bookcases in the hallway! Love books!

Now that everything is painted, everything is put away and everything is hung, I feel like it is totally our house and I LOVE IT! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful house for our family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment