Monday, November 25, 2013

Grampy


 When Grampy came to visit us in Ohio, he came with me to the school to check the kids out so they could see him. Sunny and Riley came down the hallway and when they saw their Grampy, they ran towards him and said, "GRAMPYYYYY!!!!" and gave him a big hug! It was so cute! When we got home, he told all of the kids to gather around because he had prizes for them! He pulled out a bag that had coloring books, crayons, December Chocolate Advent Calendars, Yo Yo's, Shrink a Dinks, and a Christmas book that Grampy and Grammy recorded for the kids.
 They listened to the recorded Christmas book with Grammy and Grampy's voices and loved it! It was so sweet to see them gathered around him with this special book.



 If I could choose 1 meal to have, it would be my dad's homemade taco's, so of course I had to have him show me how to make the shells while he was here. When we sat down for dinner, I have to say they were SO good! It was fun to make them with my dad!


 Emery fell asleep right on Grampy with his blanky. The best thing about my dad is that he loves to spend quality time with his grandkids. He wants to be a part of their lives and shows interest in what they do. He loves to play with Emery and it is so cute to see them on the floor playing with each other. My kids are pretty lucky to have such an awesome Grampy.


 My Dad is the Bishop in his ward and so when he found out he was coming to see us in Ohio, he wanted to see one of the missionaries from his ward who is serving in Ohio. We went to visit Sister Osborne and she was an adorable missionary!

 My Dad took the kids to the Dollar Store and had the kids choose a few things. This place is like the best place on earth to a kids!
 Our last stop before we took Grampy to the airport was to see the Columbus Temple. We had an awesome time with Grampy! He is so loving and wants to be apart of the kids lives which I really appreciate even though we live 1800 miles away from him. We had a fun time with him!!!
We love you Grampy!








No comments:

Post a Comment