Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

When we first moved to Ohio, Regan and I decided to give the best shot we could to our new life and to stay in Ohio for all of the big holidays until Summer. That meant that we would be away from our families for the first time EVER for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was trying to be brave at the thought of this, but I was kind of sad. When my cousins from New York and Indiana and my sister from Connecticut decided to come to Ohio for Thanksgiving, I was so excited! For 5 days, we had a house full of 16 people, tons of food, and tons of fun memories! I am so grateful we were able to have family with us for Thanksgiving! We are so blessed!

The kids Thanksgiving Table had place mats that the kids could color and do activities on. We decorated the chairs with the painted/glittery pine cones we did for our Thanksgiving craft.  

                                                 The best Thanksgiving Dinner ever!

My cute little Thanksgiving girls...they sat at the kids table way before dinner to do their activity place mats. I love Thanksgiving time because it really makes you reflect on the things that you really are grateful for.
 I am so thankful for a husband who works so hard to not only provide for his family, but also to do the best he can in his new role with American Family Insurance. He goes to work so early, and he works late so that he can make a difference in Ohio. I am so proud of him and so thankful that he provides for our family.

I am so thankful for 4 beautiful children. I really did hit the jackpot with 2 girls and 2 boys! I am grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with these sweet children and I feel such a huge responsibility to teach them everything that they need to know with love and patience. Riley is so smart, so friendly, so outgoing and so talented. Sunny is so sweet, so loving,  and wants to serve everyone around her. Elle is so sweet, so kind, so willing to learn new things and the best sister. Emery is so funny, so full of life and so loving.

I am so thankful for our new adventure in Ohio. Not once have I had second thoughts about us moving, and I have been stronger than I ever thought I could. When I envisioned my life, I always thought I would live in Utah and live by my family. This was a huge step for me, and I have not looked back once.

I am thankful for good people and good examples all around me. I have experienced living by people who are dramatic and two faced before, so living next to people who are down right good hearted people is a breath of fresh air. It goes to show you that you do not have to live by people who are the same as you {same religion, same ethnicity, same life situation}. The people I live by are inclusive, service oriented and so friendly. It makes me want to be a better person by their examples.

I am so thankful for our beautiful home. We didn't know it when we first saw it, but the house we bought is the best house for our family right now. It is so kid friendly and just perfect for our kids!

I am so thankful for extended family who have kept such good contact with us since we have moved. This sounds weird, but I actually feel like I have a better relationship with my mom and sisters even though we don't live by each other and its because we have done a good job communicating with each other via phone, facetime, texting and snapchats {my new favorite app!} I actually feel like I am still a part of their lives and I feel so grateful for them keeping me a part of things.

I am thankful for the knowledge I have that Heavenly Father sent us here to live our lives so that we could live with him again with our families. I am thankful for Jesus Christs' example to show us how to get back to our Heavenly Father. I have a long ways to go, but I am grateful for the life he led to show us how to be kind to one another and how to live a good life. I am thankful for a Prophet on the earth today. The Gospel brings my family and I happiness and a compass for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment