Thursday, January 16, 2014

December Happenings



The Bishop of our Church asked Regan and I to be in charge of the Ward Christmas Party so we planned the party for 250 people. It was a great turn out, 30 Christmas Casseroles, good program and a fun craft for the kids. I would say it was a great success!
 The Primary kids sang a Christmas Song as part of the Program {below}

 The girls had jammie day at school and they looked adorable!
 I decided that Celine Dion's Christmas Album is my very favorite. There is just one problem with it...it brought me to tears one day as I was listening to I'll be Home for Christmas as I was driving. It was the first time since moving to Ohio that I felt homesick and the first melt down. I realized that in 33 years, it was going to be my very first Christmas away from home and away from family.

Our friends and neighbors invited us to go to an Ohio State Basketball game with them. We sat in a box with all of their kids and all of our kids. The Allenders kids match up so well with our kids.
 Riley and Ryan are both in 4th grade.
 Koen and Elle are the cutest little buddies
 Bailey and Sunny are a grade apart.
 This game was so much fun to go to because Ohio State is HUGE out here so it was fun to get in on the craziness, we love spending time with the Allenders, and it reminded me of going to BYU games.
 Regan took the 2 little girls out for a daddy daughter date. They went to see Frozen for the 2nd time and out to dinner. So CUTE!
 I took the sister missionaries out to lunch and had a fun time talking to them. Sister Osbourne {blonde hair} is in my parents ward in Utah.
It has been snowing quite a bit here and my little Sunny has been so awesome at helping shovel!

 My first time making my mom's amazing caramels! I was pretty proud of myself!
 Whenever it snows and the girls look across the street to see if their friends are sledding, they run to get their own snow clothes on so they can sled with them! Cutest little girls!
 Our amazing next door neighbor organized for our neighborhood to ring the bell for the salvation army. Our family took an hour on a Saturday. Regan and Emery rang the bell and the rest of us played Christmas Songs on our violin. I made the kids play for the whole hour and they were complaining by the end, but it was so worth it because so many people smiled and enjoyed their music as they left the grocery store.
 We went to see Santa and miraculously NOBODY cried! Everyone was just excited to tell Santa what they wanted. I dare say this is our best Christmas Picture yet!
 We went to the Columbus Zoo for ZOO Lights. It was FREEZING the night we went, but we were all bundled up so much that it wasn't even a problem. Yes, Emery is wearing pink snow pants!


 Emery is obsessed with Dinosaurs so we took everyone to see Walking with Dinosaurs...actually Regan took the littles while Riley and I snuck into Catching Fire because we did not want to see the dino movie!
Regan got a dvd player and screens installed in his car and the kids have loved wearing ear phones to watch the movies in his car.

 This was my favorite Christmas Card from our next door neighbor. He labeled all of the kids and Sweetie on the Peanuts characters...so cute!
In 12 1/2 years of marriage, we have never had a china plate or glass goblet break...until now! Regan was the one who broke it!!! It was so sad!

 I have been to this place way too many times! I have seriously been sick for 2 months and I am so sick of being sick!
 Sweetie got so many stuffed animals for Christmas which kept her super busy for a few days!
 We introduced the Pope kids to rainbow loom and they loved it!
 It was cute to watch Riley teach Hayden how to rainbow loom it up!

This on the other hand is NOT fun when Elle decides to dump the bands and to sort them all into colors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment